“There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music.” George Eliot
Since March 11,2020, the whole world was gripped with the Covid-19 pandemic and continues to impact all of us. Artists have been especially hit hard with the disappearance of live music concerts and performances. During this time of crisis, we have been trying to cope and connect with people by shifting to online platforms and remote delivery. It is a continuing struggle but we strive to move forward one day at a time. And now, thanks to the Cultural Affairs Agency’s artists support, I was motivated to take this a step further which eventually led to the creation of this album.
In times like these, music truly becomes a bonding force. We are united by the presence of music in our lives, and it inspires us to stay strong and persevere through the struggles.
We hope you enjoy this offering as we continue to stay connected with you through our music.
Charito’s latest album “When Summer Comes” will be released on January 20, 2021. Created with the aim of encouraging all those affected by the Covid 19 pandemic! Featuring a number of carefully selected songs that everyone knows in the finest jazz arrangement.
1. Feelin’ Good (Anthony Newley/ Leslie Bricusse 1964)
2. Imagine (John Lennon 1971)
3. If I Ain’t Got You (Alicia Keys 2003)
4. Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Harold Arlen / Yip Harburg 1939)
5. Come Sunday (Duke Ellington 1942)
6. Lovely Day (Bill Withers/ Skip Scarborough 1977)
7. Body and Soul (Johnny Green/ Edward Heyman, Robert Sour, Frank Eyton 1930)
8. I’ll Be Seeing You (Sammy Fain /Irving Kahal 1938)
9. When Summer Comes (Oscar Peterson 1981/ Elvis Costello 2005 )
2021.1.20 NEW RELEASE